Stay At Home Mum’s recipe for low Fat chicken casserole is a delicious low fat chicken recipe for the whole family.
15 minutes to prep
1 hour 25 minutes to cook
1 roast chicken - remove fat, skin and chop into 8 pieces.
2 parsnips cut into 2 cm pieces
2 carrots cut into 2 cm pieces
12 garlic cloves peeled
1 large brown onion chopped
2 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp cornflour
5 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup low fat milk
2 cups peas steamed to serve
1/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven 180 degrees or 160 for fan forced.
- Spray a fry pan with oil and heat.
- Place chicken in pan and turn a couple of times until it turns brown.
- Place chicken in casserole dish with a properly fitted lid.
- Place the parsnip, carrot and garlic around the chicken.
- Spray the same fry pan with oil and add onion and cook until softened, then pour in the chicken stock and heat through.
- Pour the onion mixture over chicken and vegetables.