Asteron Life study reveals consumer attitudes towards life insurance
Earlier this year Asteron Life commissioned a study to uncover Australian consumers’ attitudes, behaviours and needs surrounding life insurance.
Bringing together data from over 1,500 interviews with people of varying ages from around Australia, the study uncovered some rare and valuable insights that have important ramifications for our industry.
Some of the key findings included:
• Online research doesn’t replace personal advice: 47% of regular adviser users research their options online first, but only 8% actually go on to purchase through this channel.
• Children are the biggest trigger: 51% people said having children was a trigger to purchase their life insurance.
• Lack of understanding is a major issue: 9 out of 10 people say they don’t understand life insurance.
• People see savings as a substitute: 51% of people plan to use their savings to cover the cost of an injury or illness.
• There’s a desire for regular contact: 44% of clvients would like regular contact with their adviser.
Complete report now available
Asteron Life’s Attitudes to Life – Adviser Insights report not only highlights the key insights from the study, but it also explores how you can use these insights to strengthen your business.
To discuss how you can make the most of the opportunities identified in this report, please talk to your Asteron Life Sales Manager.