- 1/2 cup cous cous
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 500g lean lamb mince
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 Turkish bread rolls, split, toasted
- 80g baby spinach
- 200g hommus
1. Boil cous cous in 3/4 cup of water for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop 1/4 cup parsley. Add to cous cous with mince, green onionand egg. Using clean hands, shape mixture into four 2cm-thick patties. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Place tomatoes, pine nuts, remaining cup parsley leaves, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Season with pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and set aside.
4. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook lamb patties for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
5. Top bread roll bases with spinach, tomato salad, patties and hommus. Cover with bread roll tops.